WELCOME

Reader! Enter My Blog/Head At Your Own Risk,Quite A Noise Beneath Apparent Quietude.

Why I am a Chicken at times!


It has always bothered some people as to why I am a chicken at times. Even as an adult i still fear like a child they feel... We are a family of daring selves... we had communist ancestors and you are such a chicken...a male cousin told me when i refused to steal him the car keys from his dad's pocket.

well...... I really don't know why am so... but perhaps eating two eggs daily all your growing up years... with intermittent periods of a stolen 13 eggs when you are just eight could perhaps metaphorically make you a chicken... Wonder how many mother hens might have cursed me as I ate their eggs for years... Perhaps they cursed "Let the glutton be a chicken for life"

Eggs meant life to me... mean life to me... will always mean life to me...
Am a lover of food... food defines my every emotion my dad used to say... Well eggs were and are my favourite dish and of course their producers too..tasty fried chicken......
I feel such ecstasy when i eye a plate laden with eggs round and white and glossy... and i love running my fingers over them feeling them... imagining the pleasure of that first bite...
I was in all possibility a glutton...I cheated for the first time in my life just to eat an extra egg... I used to gobble down my eggs and then steal from my cousin's share, slide under the table and chomp away ... she finally complained to my mother and I was judged, warned and pardoned....
Only my dad knew how much it hurt me when eggs were denied to me...
 I wept that evening... i felt such pain in my eight year old heart and I felt the world was so cruel not to allow me an extra egg... An egg a day is healthy else you will become an egg yourself..One of my aunts told me... I felt hurt... i felt the world was ending around me since from next day I would not get an extra egg.....

But when I opened my lunch box at school I was in for a surprise...I saw two eggs placed white, round, glossy and heavenly...I guessed my dad had recommended the ration for me... As I took the first bite i felt yesterday's tragic pain dissolve into the thin... And I forgot the world as i took the next bite.....

But the real chicken effect was after i stole thirteen eggs....they were the leftovers after a party at home...and i guess my mother did not in her wildest dreams imagine an eight year old girl could eat 13 white, glossy eggs at one go. I did and when the crime was found they were all anxious... especially an aunt who was sure i would go sick with indigestion... Nay... I was fine as ever... but felt my heart break as i noticed the reduced ration in my lunch box.

In my grief and since I could not face my dad for my 13 eggs crime I knelt down inside the convent chapel


and prayed "God help me become a chicken so that I can have all the eggs I want in the world"... I guess God heard just the first half of my prayer and the rest of my words were lost in the recess bell.

1 comment:

  1. what awonderful chicken i had the privelige to know

    ReplyDelete